I attended my first DemoCamp in Toronto on Monday night - Toronto DemoCamp 16. Great event, amazing facility and well-attended - about 300 people. As a DemoCamp/BarCamp organizer for Calgary, it was a chance for me to learn a little bit more about the most successful BarCamp community outside of the Valley.
Toronto's twist on DemoCamp was to add some Ignite presentations after the demos. The presentations consist of 20 PowerPoint slides, done in Pecha Kucha format. 20 slides, automatically set to advance every 15 seconds, for a total of 5 minutes per presentation (the presenter does the entire thing without any control over the slides - quite the challenge!). I presented a brief history and some of the key success factors behind iStockphoto, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.
Thanks to all the people who made Toronto DemoCamp 16 a great experience for me. I had the chance to mingle with the crowd afterwards, and there is definitely a lot of enthusiasm among the players in the Toronto tech community these days.
Was a pleasure having you in town Pat! Hope to see you here a lot more. I know Calgary is lovely, but this is where its at!
ReplyDelete