
Fortune's Brent Schlender calls AppleTV a dud. While I'm normally a huge Apple fan, I'd have to agree in this case. I pre-ordered my AppleTV so I could get one as soon as they became available in February. After hooking it up and admiring the screen saver, I haven't used it since.
This is not to say that it isn't a fantastic piece of engineering. The box and the interface is sleek and elegant. The graphics are super sharp, because of the HDTV output. To bad it's next to impossible to get decent content - None of the TV or movie content you see on the US iTunes site is available to us Canadians.
Apple has built a TV appliance that is superior to anything else on the market, yet, is almost useless because of the restrictions on the content you can view on it. Let's hope this isn't a repeat of Betamax. (Link for my younger viewers, the older folks will know this reference!)
No comments:
Post a Comment