Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sad Exit For The Flames

It's been a hard couple of years for the Calgary Flames since their spectacular 2004 Stanley Cup run. While demand for tickets and paraphernalia continues to be high, the Flames need to show they're a Stanley Cup contender again, real soon.



And I'm not saying that just because I'm a bandwagon fan. Major league sports teams are expensive ventures, not only for the team owners, but for everyone in the city. The Flames are looking for major renovation on the Saddledome, or an entirely new stadium - guess who's paying for that? Local businesses (especially bars) depend on sports to generate business. Taken to the extreme, a local business partnered with the Flames and spent millions creating Flames Central and Wildfire Grill. How much of their business plan banked on the Flames going past the first round?



And while nobody is panicking just yet, you can hear the grumbling - check out what I got in my email this morning:
Image




No comments:

Post a Comment