
Anybody who wants a free HP 2600 in great condition (without the toner cartridges) - drop me a line. It's not that it's a crappy printer; in fact, we're quite pleased with it. The problem, you see, is that the black toner cartridge is now empty, and the other toner cartridges are nearly empty.
An entire set of new toner cartridges would cost about CDN$385 at Staples. Over at FutureShop, they're offering a brand new HP 2600N for CDN$299.99, ($50 mail-in rebate included) - with all the cartridges included. That would make the printer worth about negative CDN$85! I could pay someone $50 to take our old printer off our hands and still come out ahead.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. This printer has been in the family for over a year, and it has printed everything from homework assignments for my sons to meeting agendas and strategy reports for my clients. I know that HP has a "razors & razor blades" pricing strategy for its printers, but get real. And the funny thing is - I'll probably go out and buy a new HP 2600, because we've been so pleased with it.
Kodak's new strategy of offering slightly more expensive printers, with ink and toner at reasonable prices is something that will resonate deeply with consumers. Time to look at Kodak as part of your technology portfolio once again?
Funny, I bought a 2600N during Boxing Week at Future Shop... For $250, if I remember correctly. When I saw that price tag, I snapped it up immediately without even thinking about how much the cartridges might cost; I figure a network printer at that price was a winner either way. Like you I'm quite satisfied with it.
ReplyDelete