Thursday, March 15, 2007

Startup Radar: GigPark & Akoha

GIGPARK
Noah Godfrey was introduced to me as a "computer guy" a few months ago, (though a friend who knows Noah's Father) and I was introduced in much the same way to him. It was only after a proper introduction did I learn that Noah was publisher at Dose, a newspaper aimed at young Canadians, MTV, AOL, Salomon Smith Barney, and on top of that, an HBS grad. Impressive credentials to say the least. I'm ecstatic that someone as talented as Noah has chosen to be a Canadian entrepreneur, as his qualifications would allow him to work at any company, anywhere in the world.



Today, he and his partners, Pema Hegan and Paul Dowman announced their new startup, GigPark (currently just an intro page, the blog is here). I've had conversations with Noah about the company, and like their approach and attitude. Right now, they're heads-down working on product development, and should be beta testing in a few months. Congrats, and kick butt!



AKOHA
Canadian Entrepreneur Austin Hill is at it again. Akoha is still under wraps,  but again, I'm very excited to hear that someone as talented as Austin is choosing to stay in Canada. I love Austin's attitude towards Canadian Entrepreneurship, and he is the thought leader when it comes to accelerating technology entrepreneurship here in our native land.



Also watch out for a few other ventures that Austin is working on, now that he has left RadialPoint. He's got some ideas that will change the startup environment in Canada - and I'll leave it at that for now. Definitely put this guy on your watchlist!



1 comment:

  1. Pat - Thanks for the kind words and the shout-out to GigPark. We're pretty excited and hope to one day have the kind of positive impact you had with istockphoto.

    ReplyDelete